This article will be an introduction to Search Engine Optimisation or SEO. It is a mandatory marketing tactic if you want your brand or business to be found/visible on search engines.
SEO for Beginners: Learn the Basics
What Is SEO & Why Is It Important?
Obtain a quick Wikipedia definition of the term SEO, but understanding that SEO is “the process of affecting the visibility of your business/brand in search engines organically.” But it doesn’t really help you answer some important questions for your brand or your website, such as:
- Is your site ‘optimise’ for search engines?
- How to increase visibility organically?
- How much time does SEO take to show its results?
- Are you doing SEO right?
- How can we differentiate between ‘good’ SEO and ‘bad’ SEO advice?
What is likely obvious and interesting to you as a learner is how you can actually drive more traffic, leads, sales and ultimately revenue and profit for your business. That’s what we’ll focus on in this guide.
What Basic SEO Really Need?
The foundation of good SEO begins with these seven steps and they will surely give your website a boost.
- Crawl accessibility so search engines can read your website easily
- Engaging content that answers the searcher’s query
- Keyword optimised to draw searchers & engines
- Great user experience covers fast load speed and attractive UX
- Internal and external linking
- Title, URL, & description to draw high CTR in the rankings
- Schema markup to stand out in SERPs
We’ll spend time on each of these areas throughout this guide, but we wanted to introduce it here because it offers a look at how we structured the guide as a whole.
I’ll spend time on each of these areas throughout this guide. Let’s end up with the introduction part here. Next, we’ll start with How SEO Works?